Thursday, October 26, 2006


When my Mum was getting older and people would visit with kids, she would always , like they do, ask how old the kids were. When answered she would go into a spasm of calculation to work out how old she would be when they had become adults . At one stage she reached the age of 115 which she seriously believed she had a chance of reaching.

It’s different with me although I still seem to hold respect for the same gene.

My daughter , Sally, and two grandchildren, Lewis 5 and Ruby 1, came to stay this week and I fell into the same kind of muses except,
I know I won’t be there when Ruby, as a 70 year old can converse by touching wrist mechanisms with a stranger and can whizz along in driverless cars on multi level highways where no vehicle is allowed to be non environmental friendly.
I wish and don’t wish to be there. I just wish her every possible luck , chance and love, and hope that some, if not all answers will have been found by then.

3 Comments:

Blogger edgar broughton said...

"I just wish her every possible luck , chance and love, and hope that some, if not all answers will have been found by then".

...... and so say all of us X

10:10 PM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

Hello Steve, lovely to see the photo of you all. So long since I have seen Sally, she is looking amazing, send her our love.
Penny.
x

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took my 2 year old granddaughter to a swing park. She started playing with another girl of about the same age. The little girl's very sexy mum came over & we started chatting. Durng the conversation she asked "how old is your daughter?"
"She's 27", I replied. She gave me a very fumnny look, but it made me feel young again for a few minutes.

Tony H.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home